By Mely Hernández (@chefmelycook)
MARCH 18, 2022
Learn how to make these delicious and cheesy Colombian Buñuelos from Chef Mely! Buñuelos, or cheese fritters are a mouthful of textures and flavors. It is a gluten-free, salt and sweet deep-fried doughnut! A popular Colombian snack and also one of Chef Mely’s favorite things to cook in the winter.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Serving Size: 32 pcs
You You Tea Seed Oil (for frying)
|1 cup||corn starch|
|½ cup||tapioca flour|
|1/4 tsp||baking powder|
|2 cups||Feta cheese (grated)|
|1 tbsp ||unsalted butter|
- In a big mixing bowl, add feta cheese, corn starch, tapioca flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix with the tip of your fingers.
- Add in the unsalted butter and eggs and bring the dough together.
- In a deep pot, heat You You Tea Seed Oil on low or keep between 320 - 340°F.
- Divide the dough into 32 equal portions. Roll the dough into balls.
- Fry 3 to 4 buñuelos at a time, for 5 minutes.
- Place them on a paper towel. Serve immediately.