Deep-fried shrimp with Salted Egg Yolk and Basil
AUG 16, 2021
Prep Time: 15 mintes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 4
|100 ml ||Yóu Yóu Tea seed oil|
|8 Pieces ||Thai Basil|
|6||Salty Egg Yolk|
|2 tbsp||Salted Butter|
|2 tbsp ||Potato Strach|
|1 tsp ||Salt|
|1 tsp ||Sugar|
- Steam the egg yolk for 15 minutes
- Coax and mash the salty egg yolk into small piece with a folk, remove the hardest remaining piece of each egg yolk. Set and rest aside.
- Prepare the prawn by clearing out all the legs. Butterfly the prawns by cutting into its back but not all the way through, splitting it from head to tail. Devein the prawn by removing it's intestine, keep the shell intact.
- Sprinkle potato starch on top of prawns
- Heat up the Yóu Yóu Tea Seed Oil in a hot wok
- Sear the prawn - 30 seconds for each side
- Cover the wok with a lid for another 30 seconds to make sure the prawns are well cooked
- Scoop up the prawn, set and rest aside. Start preparing for the sauce.
- Use kitchen towel to wipe clean the wok of remaining.
- Mix butter and Yóu Yóu Tea Seed Oil in the wok at a ratio 2:1. Turn the heat on at low heat.
- Stir till all melted, it might take around 2 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of salt and half a tea spoon of sugar to the mixture, mix it well
- Add in Thai basil leaves
- Stir fry for 30 seconds
- Turn off the heat
- Add in the prawn prepared ahead
- Mix well, make sure the salty egg yolk sauce is coating each and every prawn
- Ready to serve