SAGE ROSEWATER Madeleines
By Cassandra Stone (@dressuncoded)
FEBRUARY 2, 2022
Madeleines with a twist. Here is a recipe using tea seed oil instead of the traditional butter to produce a springy cake reminiscent of a hong kong egg waffle. The sage adds savory depth to the cake while the rose helps to highlight the herb's sweetness!
Prep Time: 15 minutes (+ 24 hrs for steeping sage oil)
Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 - 35 minutes
Serving Size: 24 madeleines
|3/4 cup||Yóu Yóu tea seed oil|
|1 cup||All-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup||Granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup||Brown sugar|
|1/4 tsp||Baking soda|
|1/4 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 pinch ||Of salt|
|1/2 - 1 tsp||Rose water|
- Muddle sage leaves with tea seed oil and let sit for 24 hours. Remove leaves before use.
- Preheat oven to 350F and brush madeleine pan with tea seed oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients and sift into a large bowl.
- Whisk all wet ingredients, adjusting rose water to taste.
- Slowly fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fill madeleine pans just below the rim. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until light golden and toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan.