Ginger scallion lobster
Nov 23, 2021
The scallions, ginger and garlic fried in high heat give the lobster lots of flavor and wok hei (smokiness).
Prep Time: 20 mintes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 4
|6||scallions, chopped in 4 inches lengthwise|
|4||cloves garlic, peeled|
|5-6||lobster tails, cut in 3 inch pieces|
|½ cup||corn starch|
|2 tbsp||Yóu Yóu tea seed oil|
|3 cups||corn oil|
|1 tsp ||salt|
|1 tsp||white pepper|
|1 tbsp||oyster sauce|
|¼ tsp||white pepper|
|1 tsp||chicken bouillon|
|1 ½ tbsp||corn starch|
- Cut green onions in 4 inches lengthwise. Thinly slice ginger. Peel garlic.
- Cut lobster tails in 3 inches lengthwise with kitchen scissors. Take out the poop with a chopstick and rinse.
- In a large bowl, add corn starch, salt and white pepper. Combine and coat lobster tails in the corn starch mixture. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add oil in a pot and heat pot to high heat. Fry lobster in 425 degrees Fahrenheit until the shell turns red and the corn starch gets crispy. This takes around 3 minutes. Don’t overcook the lobster because we need to stir-fry it later!
- Combine sauce ingredients (oyster sauce, salt, chicken bouillon, sugar, water and corn starch, white pepper) in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a wok or pan, heat it to high. Once you see a little smoke out of the pan, add you you tea seed oil. Then, add green onions, garlic, and ginger. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add lobster in the pan and fry for one more minute. Then, add the sauce and mix everything together. When the sauce has thickened, the dish is done!